[thechat] A bit of Net history

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Mon Jul 29 16:10:01 CDT 2002

yeah, "severe tire damage" brings back memories

siegel was a big influence on me in 1996

> http://www.siegelvision.com/

thanks, hadn't seen that before

this was cute --

       Most Web Sites are Death Zones.
       Did you ever send e-mail to someone with the URL
       of a web site for them to see? Sure, you have. Did
       your note say, "Hey, you've got to see this site -- the
       letter from the CEO is awesome!" Or, "Check out their
       marketing copy, it's really well written." I don't think so.

reminds me of jay boersma's web page from hell, especially the stuff down
the left side --

   http://www.ecnet.net/users/gas52r0/Jay/

hmmm, dns lookup error, i hope the page is still there, it was hilarious

and then there's BUD UGLLY, which has gone through several versions --

  http://budugllydesign.com/

click on the nav thingie with the tricycle

"If you are looking for an Internet presents look no further than the Bud
uglly webpages for the most cutting edge in webpage manegment and design.
(we have recently fixed up many of the typos that had previosuly plauged our
webpages, thanks!)"

rudy