[thechat] Fighter plane's laser may blind civilians

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Mon Jul 29 18:11:01 CDT 2002

>I'm sure you could claim asylum in some liberal regime.

yeah maybe I could scare up some money I could go to Denmark and live
off of coffee and Tuborg beer.  I like Danish people.  They have such
a dry humor.

>Just not the UK
>(although not being a 'real' foreigner would help).
>
>This is the country, after all, where all asylum seekers are considered
>bogus,

The UK is going to support (or turn away from) any American police
state that occurs because UK are big wimps and think a lot like
Americans.  It's like there's a big bully running the school yard...
and the smaller bullies all want a piece of the big bullies power...
or at least they stay out of its way.

>  and where the system has placed Nigeria on the white-list of
>countries where no-one can genuinely claim to suffer oppression *cough*Ken
>Saro-Wiwa*cough*

His blood is on the hands of shell oil.  oh, wait, shell oil doesn't
have any hands.  how convenient.
http://www.prairienet.org/acas/shell.html