Hijacked... Re: [thechat] Fighter plane's laser may blind civilians

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Jul 29 23:39:00 CDT 2002

At 08:51 AM 30-07-02, dave mclean wrote:
>Martin, you've been doing a lot of coughing lately... do you have a cold?

And what does the "cough*SomeStuffHere*cough" expression mean anyway? We
don't cough in this part of the world when we want to point fingers. ;) I'm
pretty sure it's not a British thing either.

And I gotta take at Dave too and point out that you don't necessarily cough
when you have a cold, although you do tend to sneeze. :p

<tip>

Colds are caused by viruses, not by lower temperatures. Those who tell you
that going out in the cold will make it more likely you'll catch a cold are
talking through their arse.

Some people speculate that in the winter, people tend to stay indoors more,
which brings them into more contact with other people, hence increasing the
chances of contracting a cold from them.

</tip>

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon