Hijacked... Re: [thechat] Fighter plane's laser may blind civ ilians

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Jul 30 01:54:00 CDT 2002

> Seen that. Are you telling me that *one* movie could cause so
> many people to adopt that style?

See comments below.

> My brother was a Top Gun nut. He rented the movie some 10
> times because he loved it so much. Of course, he was 6 years
> old at the time.

Exactly the target demographic.

No, don't see *these* comments; see *your* comments. How many people does it
take, renting that same movie 10 times (or buying the famous 'all day
ticket' on PayPerView) to make stuff like this part of the language.

Or maybe I'm tired and delusional. Of course, most of my friends know that
the only correct response to the greeting "My name is Inigo Montoya" is "You
keel my father; prepare to die!" So, it can happen

joel