Hijacked... Re: [thechat] Fighter plane's laser may blind civ ilians

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Jul 30 12:24:00 CDT 2002

joel wrote:
>No, don't see *these* comments; see *your* comments. How many people does it
>take, renting that same movie 10 times (or buying the famous 'all day
>ticket' on PayPerView) to make stuff like this part of the language.

This, too, is the primary explanation I can see for the popularity of
Pabst Blue Ribbon beer (in Portland).

Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet: "Heinekin?  Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!"

Except there is price.  The market next door was selling cases (24
cans) of PBR last week for $9.99.  Nothing else comes close to that
price...

I wonder if PBR could blind civilians on the ground...?

Erika