Hijacked... Re: [thechat] Fighter plane's laser may blind civ ilians

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Jul 31 00:28:01 CDT 2002

> > Any drinkable beer is $5 a sixer ($20 a case) when it's on the best
> > sale there is.
>
> Ah OK. I generally buy Coopers Pale Ale which is $30-35 a
> carton. (Divide by 2 for approximate price in US$). And that
> is not one of the cheaper beers (trash like West End, VB, etc).

At the exchange rate this very instant, that's about $17-$20, which sounds
about right.

Of course, I like mine one pint at a time. The little Irish pub down in the
Gaslamp district does $3 pints Sunday evening, and since they're in Ireland,
they're Imperial pints, 20 ounces. The corned beef and cabbage (a *huge*
plate) is $7 and they have really good live music (more or less professional
followed by excellent amateurs) so for $13 plus tip I can have all the fun
I'm allowed in one evening.