[thechat] Now IBM Owns Monday

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Aug 1 05:31:00 CDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Madhu Menon wrote:

> At 03:07 PM 31-07-02, Olly Hodgson wrote:
> >See also:
> >
> >http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/7/26457.html
> >
> >Olly
> >(who has just sneezed all over the monitor...)
>
> Now may be a good time to register "sayingbyetoMonday.com" :)
>
> How many millions was it again, Martin? :p

The amount we're getting from IBM is a *lot* more than we'd get from IPO.

> So IBM makes enough revenue through Monday colon in less to pay off the
> acquisition cost than a year?

Revenue != profit - remember you've got to pay all the people who bring in
that revenue...

> And old silly Carly wanted to pay 18 million

billion, not million. And it was a stock deal, not a cash one.

> for the company?

in different times - summer 2000. Those same shares are worth about $2.50
now...

But HP are surely *mighty* pissed off...

Cheers
Martin

Also starring in fine email     | "Names, once they are in common use, quickly
productions such as             | become mere sounds, their etymology being
martin at easyweb.co.uk            | buried, like so many of the earth's marvels,
martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com | beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie