[thechat] Auto-Restart

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Fri Aug 16 04:10:09 CDT 2002

From: "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: August 16, 2002, Friday 2:29 AM
Subject: Re: [thechat] Auto-Restart

> sounds more like a twitchy/faulty PSU or cables going to/from the PSU
to me,
> or possibly mains spikes going through an unprotected cable, as
opposed to a
> software problem.  PCs rarely do a hard reboot unless there's
something
> physically wrong with them.
>
> I'd be looking at either getting surge protection put in at the mains
and
> checking all the power cables and the PSU in the PC itself.

William,
Your opinion seems to me the most probable case. Because the rear side
of the CPU's body always has a hazardous electric voltage. I never took
it to any expert but I think it is a dangerous thing. I take extreme
care not to touch the rear side of CPU when it's power cable is inside
the plug.
Thanks!
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/