[thechat] vanilla coke

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Tue Aug 20 15:44:01 CDT 2002

At 2:40 PM -0500 8/20/02, Scott Dexter wrote:
>  > taste, which is nice. Has anyone ever noticed that Coke
>>  tastes different in other countries? I always remember a
>
>in a similar vein (is there a pun there?), I can't stand Coke in a can
>(and most sodas, really), but server it from a fountain and it tastes SO
>much better. Must be the difference in the syrup/carbonation ratios....

I like it fine. I've had too many bad fountain sodas I guess.

>Oh, and Cherry R.C. is/was the BOMB. R.C. Cola is very rare here in
>Texas, and I miss it dearly...

We do, however, have Big Red. Big Red has a taste that's kind of like
strawberry bubblegum - it's disgusting, but every native Texan I know
loves the stuff and defends its honor as if it were invented by kin.

Cherry Coke is good - don't know about RC though, except that I
understand that it's the only thing that really goes with a moon pie.

Dr. Pepper is, of course, the perfect accompaniment for Texas BBQ
(unless you're drinking beer, and when I say beer in this context, I
mean Shiner Bock.), having been first made in Waco, TX.

bob

--
bob davis
bob at bobdavis.org