[thechat] vanilla coke

Ashok at MagicalKenya.com Ashok at MagicalKenya.com
Wed Aug 21 01:56:01 CDT 2002

>Oh and Coke from some Asian country whose script I have yet to decipher,
but
>I'm putting my money on Malaysia.  Do they have Coke in Malaysia?   Oh, I
>forgot, that's like asking "do they have oxygen in any randomly chosen
part
>of the earth."

I do recall this interesting story about Coke in China - during tianamen
square breaking coke bottles was a form of protest (and a capital crime) -
apparently Deng Xiapoing (the chairman at that time) , literally translated
in
Mandarin means 'little bottle'.

I have read this (urban legend ?) about the way 'Coca Cola' is written on
coke
bottles - when turned upside down, it becomes something in arabic from the
koran.
maybe someone can cast some light upon this (Syed ?).