[thechat] Mammoth hopes rest on icy DNA

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Aug 21 08:39:00 CDT 2002

> I love that film ... and Jeff Goldblum ...

Didja ever see his TV series from back in the dark ages, "Ten Speed and
Brown Shoe" ? Early 80s, I think. He's a stock broker who loves detective
novels, so he gets his PI license so he can solve crimes. He also gets his
black belt, so he's not defenseless. But nobody ever believes him, and since
his hands are lethal weapons, he feels compelled to deliver this long
official warning before engaging in hand to hand combat. Except the bad guys
have already thumped his head by then. He only rarely got to stuff someone
into a coke bottle (cross-thread pollination)

Jeff was really really funny in it. Dry and witty.

joel