[thechat] READ AT YOUR OWN RISK: Open Letter to America from a Canadian

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Wed Aug 21 17:51:16 CDT 2002

interesting article, thanks jerome

that guy mcdougall does not speak for all canadians

some of us actually like our american neighbours

yeah, they are astonishingly, stunningly, unbelievably stupid -- but then,
you could say that about all people in groups

human beings have several million years of evolutionary experience within
very specific small groups -- the nuclear family, the extended family, and
the tribe or village

only in very recent times (a few thousand years out of several million is
what, a tenth of one percent?) have we been conscious of larger groups --
cities, countries, and most recently, planets

of course government wants the populace mentally sedated!

(wasn't "sedated" a song by a band called teenage head?  oh no, that was
"infected" -- "sedated" was the ramones, i think)

of course the american government will stop at nothing to secure a steady
supply of oil for all those cars back home

i can hardly wait until the americans invade canada for the fresh water

i may be dead before that happens, but happen it will

we canadians should be careful not to piss them off too much before then

MACHT IST RECHT

rudy