[thechat] Invade Iraq?

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Thu Aug 22 12:00:01 CDT 2002

> > if enough people start telling Dubya/Ashcroft/Rumsfeld
> > that this is a bad idea and we don't support their actions, then
maybe
> > -- just maybe -- things will change.

> Sounds awfully familiar to me. Do you plan to have a
> demonstration circling the Pentagon and placing flowers
> in the barrels of the rifles facing you by any chance?

If I thought it would work, then hell yes.

We shouldn't be fucking around with Iraq. You bring up a good point --
if we topple Saddam, who takes his place? Can America *really* become so
involved in Iraqi politics as to firmly establish a working democracy
there? NO. First, we can't even get the democracy within our own borders
working effectively most of the time. Second, most of the Iraqi people,
from what I understand, don't like America all that much, and probably
won't take too kindly to us overthrowing their government and saying
"there -- you're on your own now."

FWIW,
--Ken