[thechat] Invade Iraq?

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu Aug 22 15:25:00 CDT 2002

At 03:10 PM 8/22/2002, you wrote:
>On Thursday, August 22, 2002, at 03:28  pm, Ben Dyer wrote:
>>But not everyone who was close to Bush I apparently disagrees, like,
>>saaaaay, his Secretary of Defense.
>
>Is he one of Bush I's closest friends? Did he help Bush I write his
>autobiography? Brent Scowcroft is both of those things, and is easily in
>a position to either act on behalf of Bush I, or to know his real views
>and echo them, knowing that that's how it'd be interpreted (last
>Sunday's Wall Street Journal if you're looking for the reference).

Actually, that was kind of a back-handed joke.  Bush the Former's Secretary
of Defense is none other than Dick Cheney, who is, of course, Bush the
Latter's Vice President.

Thus, not everyone close to Bush the Former necessarily disagrees with Bush
the Latter.  Of course, it also demonstrates more wisdom on the part of
Scowcroft than Cheney...

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

Not an Emergency: "AudioGalaxy doesn't work anymore."
Emergency: "The server is on fire, bring the extinguisher!"
Please adjust your e-mail priorities accordingly.