[thechat] Photography help

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Aug 23 11:46:01 CDT 2002

At 10:02 PM 23-08-02, Erika Meyer wrote:

>>See, I want to snap photos of food I make.
>
>trying to snag a girlfriend?

A man who knows how to use his hands will know how to use his hands. ;)

Actually, I have got mail from a fair few lasses after I posted those pics.
That's all I'll say at this point.

>lighting, definitely.  Martha's photographer probably has special
>lighting... you might try doing a photo outside in daylight... looks
>like you might have a flash firing and your flash is never going to
>make it as pretty as natural daylight.

I can just imagine whisking dishes out of my 3rd floor flat and shooting
them. :)
Thanks for the ideas, though. I'll have to sit and experiment a LOT.

>not that your photos are poor.
>That red curry has got me HUNGRY.

Nobody makes Thai red curry like me, baby! BTW, do try the Yam Polamai
recipe given on that page. If you're wooing someone, I guarantee you that
the he or she will cry out in delight after tasting one mouthful. It's very
sensual food - the contrasting colours, textures, and flavours dance upon
your tongue in a merry performance. And it's very simple to make. I've
*never* gone wrong with that dish.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon