[thechat] Photography help

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Aug 23 12:02:01 CDT 2002

At 10:24 PM 23-08-02, Martin Burns wrote:
>Probably with oil or glycerin. (Same with glistening beer glasses)
>
>And you know how pics of food are often mouthwateringly steaming? Um, try
>cigarette smoke.

When I studied in Oz, I saw a programme about how they made food for
commercial photography in ads, etc.

It was horrifying. The roast chicken in KFC ads was painted red-brown, then
sliced on the side, and hot pressurised steam was aimed at it, which made
that portion white and cooked the chicken.

The McDonald's burger wasn't even meat. The cheese was dipped in hot water
to give it that melted look.

Ice creams were made from some gelatinous material so they wouldn't melt.
No real ice cream there.

Ooof!

Madhu