[thechat] Photography help

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Aug 23 17:50:04 CDT 2002

At 01:57 AM 24-08-02, Ken Kogler wrote:
>The quickest way to learn photography is to turn off every automatic
>function your camera has -- focus, aperture, flash, shutter speed, etc.
>Then all you have to do is make sure your subject looks "good" in the
>viewfinder.

Ah, is that all?

Thanks for all the great help, you guys. You've all confirmed that my "let
the freakin' camera handle everything automatically" approach is not just
flawed, but laughably so. I thought that by pointing the camera straight at
the food with the flash, I'd get decent pics. Clearly not.

Yes, I shall peruse the recommended books, and turn occasionally to the
numerous photography gurus on this list.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Madhu
PS: My canon a20 eats batteries like crazy. 10 pics (without even the LCD
on) and I've exhausted a regular set. Guess I'll have to invest in
rechargeable ones. :(

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant