[thechat] Restaurants ban 'Big Eater'

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Aug 27 11:41:00 CDT 2002

aardvark wrote:
> > From: Madhu Menon <webguru at vsnl.net>
> [...]
> > http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_657480.html
> [...]
>
> food justice is served...
>
> i forwarded that to my friends in austin who've seen me ejected
> from all-you-can-eat restaurants for eating too much...

See, these things are all the wrong way round.  A group of us in my last job
used to commute to Inverness occasionally, and the office was right round
the corner from a) the train station and b) the local Deep Pan Pizza
Company.  Who did buffets.  All You Can Eat buffets.

The way we saw it, it shouldn't have been "All You Can Eat", it should have
been "Can You Eat It All?"  If it's posed as a challenge, people might get
more fired up about it, and they'd get more business ... ;)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'