[thechat] Restaurants ban 'Big Eater'

seb potter seb at members.evolt.org
Tue Aug 27 11:57:00 CDT 2002

> > i forwarded that to my friends in austin who've seen me ejected
> > from all-you-can-eat restaurants for eating too much...

There's a vegetarian indian restaurant just around the corner from me.
The only thing that they do is a GBP 5 (USD 7) buffet, all you can eat.
There are about 20 dishes available, as well as desserts and dozens of
side dishes. The food is superb, all very well cooked, not oily and only
slightly warm as you get in many indian restaurants in england.

The last time I went there, I took a friend from california, and we ate
for about 3 hours, stopping only for beer and the odd cigarette. The
staff were extremely solicitous of our well-being, telling us just as we
decided to leave that we could stay for another hour if we wished,
because a party of thirty (about as many as the restaurant can seat) was
delayed.

By the time we left, we'd both consumed about eight courses each.

If you're ever in Brighton, I would definitely recommend the Bombay
Aloo, on Ship Street.

- Seb