[thechat] Love Thread: Beer!

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 15:46:01 CDT 2002

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Ken Kogler wrote:

> > > I'm a bit biased towards Guinness, though, having worked on their
> site
> > > for most of last year.
>
> > Really? Is it just me that ends up biased *against* companies
> > after working for them and knowing how the actually do things? >:-)
>
> Maybe they're paying him in beer... :)

No, but I did get access to the staff shop...
istr a slab of Guinness came in at about a tenner. And bottles of malt
normally costing 40 quid were 25 or so. And they did have that special on
Johnnie Walker Blue Label[1] at 30 pounds a bottle, just before Father's
Day last year...

Cheers
Martin

[1] Most often seen in the Far East and airport shopping. If you see it,
take a look at the price, and work out how much of it is down to brand
values, rather than whisky quality...