[thechat] Love Thread: Beer!

Norman Beresford n.beresford at anansi.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 06:53:01 CDT 2002

Hi all

Well Spitfire from Shepard Neame, 6X from Wadworth and Bombadier from
Charles Wells have started to pop up in a lot of pubs in London which has
cheered me up. Although if it's a heavy drinking session I tend to avoid the
real ales and go straight for the lager or cider.

I'm lucky and have a Shepard Neame pub, with a cheap pool table, just round
the corner from me. Unfortunatly most of the other pubs have been
'yuppiefied' which means no real ale.  Although there is now a cornucopia of
imported lagers (ie Star/Hoe/Leffe/etc).  "£4.00 a pint?  You can stick your
wheat beer where the sun don't shine"

Norman