[thechat] Love Thread: Beer!

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Aug 30 07:46:00 CDT 2002

seb potter wrote:

> > > So what's good beer then?
>
> Budvar. The original Czech beer brewed by the Budweiser corporation.

Mmmmmmm ... nice, but it's nothing to do with Budweiser a la Anheuser Busch.

> Alternatively, Staropramen (Czech), Hoegaarden (Belgian), Guinness
> (Original, as opposed to Extra-Gimmick), Spiced Vice (local brew from
> the Dark Star company, hemp beer, won many national awards), London
> Pride (Brewed at the Chiswick Roundabout, smells bloody fantastic.)

It won't be long before all 'foreign beers' are brewed here in the UK - I
was disgusted to notice that Grolsch was brewed in London ... I suppose I
was spoiled over in the 'dam :)  I remember Michelob used to be imported -
nice beer that ...

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'