[thechat] flowering desert pictures

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Sep 2 15:38:00 CDT 2002

Kevin Stevens wrote:
> [wallpaper snippage]
>
> It has now been replaced
> with a picture of Mimas
> (http://ciencia.nasa.gov/headlines/y2002/images/rings/mimas.jpg)
> which is one of Saturn's moons, and if that wasn't the inspiration
> for the Death Star I'll eat my computer :)

Mimas is rather scary looking ;)  I wonder if NASA could sue Lucasfilm ...

I still remember reading the National Geographic issues with the latest
photos from Voyagers 1 and 2 ... I was in sheer awe of the quality of the
photos and the technology that got us so far from home.  Stunning.

Incidentally, I'm also using a NASA photo blag for my wallpaper - an
excellent photo of Jack Schmitt on Apollo 17 - slightly modded in Photoshop
to bring the Earth into the photo - i love it.  Looks cool when I have
transparent windows floating about the screen :)

http://crap.zensoft.net/desktop/challenger.200208280043.mini.jpg

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'