[thechat] analog search query stats

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Fri Sep 6 18:05:01 CDT 2002

Today, the cows mooved rudy to write:

> after installation, the first thing i did was click on the analog executable
> (i'm using win2kpro), and i got this little command window that flashed up
> and then disappeared!

This is common in command-line-oriented applications.  What actually
happened was that the program ran with the default arguments (probably
none), returned, and exited.  The only reason you saw anything happen at
all is because somewhere there's an option set that tells windows 'run in
command window' or whatever the equivalent of 'run in terminal' is, so it
showed one for as long as the process existed. . . when the command
finished, the process died and the window went away.

> related:http://f2o.org/ (wtf? how did this lead to my site?)

I believe you're listed as an additional resource on the sql help page;
you're also generally linked all over the forum. . . the 'related:' prefix
(i believe) finds sites linked to and linked from the given site, as well
probably as some more complex things testing whether you're about the same
things (like, are you linked to from the same pages, do you link to the
same pages, etc.).

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski \\ dangercat-20 at dangercat.net
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders  \\  www.dangercat.net/?id=mt

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one:
'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
  -- Voltaire