[thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Sep 11 14:37:01 CDT 2002

Erika Meyer wrote:
> on Mardi Gras:  I am of the opinion that it is sexual repression and
> conservatism that fosters behavior like you see at Mardi Gras... and
> porn and other deviant sexual behavior.

At the risk of starting a flame war I'm not planning on participating
in...porn is not a deviant sexual behavior.  Porn is neither inherently
deviant nor is it a sexual behavior.

> If all women were parading around bare-breasted, what would we need
> girlie mags for?  Sexual repression works in the interest of these
> things.

Girlie mags would still be around because they are parading around
bare-breasted women for the intent of the sexual arousal of the viewing
audience.  Having just come back from a place that had a fair amount of
casual nudity (burningman) I can tell you that there is a big difference
between casual nudity and nudity directed at you with the intent of
sexual arousal.  And I'm glad that difference exists.  I'm all in favor
of people's right to run around as naked as they want without having
people leer at them and molest them.  I also think people should be able
to use nudity to arouse people and turn them on through pictures and video.

Now, back to my data import hell.

Judah