[thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

Heironymous Bosch jeromebosch at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 12 17:32:01 CDT 2002

| Women (in general) have a history of wishing to limit children.

Erika, that is an outrageous claim.  No supporting evidence.  Gross
over-generalization.

| This has been a big point of contention in the past,
| the right to control one's own fertility has been
| something women have fought bitterly for.

Oh my goodness.  Keep your legs closed, for Pete's sake.  Don't want kids?
Don't have sex.  People have known this for __millenia__.  When the woman
allows the man in, she takes the consequences.  Sure, the man can run away
later, and the woman is stuck with the child, but whose fault is that?
Seems to me she did not make a very wise choice in whom to copulate with.

Rape is a different issue, but we were not talking about that.

I know you are a feminist, Erika, but really, sometimes you are so
exasperating.

Jerome