[thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Fri Sep 13 07:24:13 CDT 2002

From: "Madhu Menon" <webguru at vsnl.net>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: September 13, 2002, Friday 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

> (Personally, I'm more than a little offended at the implied accusation that
> I lack the ability to be faithful to a single partner.)

Don't think this way. Think scientifically. Humans vary in nature. If your
nature is different from most of other men then it's your personal biological
affair.

> John isn't a Christian. He, like me (and a few others on this list), is an
> atheist. So he doesn't support the Catholic church's ways any more than he
> supports the wearing of a burqa. [1]

Personally I don't like burqa.

> Some of us are also troubled by customs like having several wives that seem
> to exist for nothing else but supposedly satisfying the wanton lust of men,
> reducing women to mere sex objects. That this custom  existed much before
> any real research into human sexuality or sexual behaviour was carried out
> very clearly tells me that its establishment wasn't for "scientific"
> reasons. Unless, of course, we've lost a lot of research from the 7th
> century. :)

Madhu, if you study Islamic history in detail then you'll see that Prophet
Muhammad has given scientific reasons for many Islamic laws. Other laws were
left for us to investigate and research. Islam invites us to study religion in
scientific way.

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/