Alternate relationship arrangements Was: Re: [thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Fri Sep 13 14:23:01 CDT 2002

Erika Meyer wrote:
> Sounds creative and effective.  It works for you, at this time, in
> this place.  So there you go.

At this time, in this place is pretty much the only way I can go.  I was
never a "til death do us part" sort of person.  For my wedding vow I
promised to do everything in my power to pay attention and try to change
in compatible ways with my mate.  I think that's all that anyone can do
and that's what defines a long term relationship.  Stasis is death, so
the goal has to be changing in mutally compatible ways.

Maybe it will continue to work, maybe it won't.  I guess I'll just have
to wait and see.

Judah