[thechat] King Preaches Abstinence to Parading Maidens

Chris Marsh chris at webbtech.co.uk
Mon Sep 16 07:00:01 CDT 2002

>  <snip>
> >      2) Why should a Muslim be afforded similar opportunities to
> > practice his religion as a Christian in a Christian
> society, and vice
> > versa?
>
> Since Muslims practicing their religion are praising the same
> god as Christians practicing theirs (they mainly just
> disagree on the idea of a trinity and the status of Jesus as
> god or mortal), and since Muslims actually practice rites
> most Christians gave up on so long along they don't even know
> what they're missing (like dietary laws.  Jesus was a Jew,
> and I don't recall him saying anything about god's word from
> the old testament not being god's word anymore.  Yes, every
> so-called Christian sitting down to Sunday ham or big glass
> of milk with that bacon cheese burger is going against the
> word of god.) then wouldn't a society that did not afford
> Muslims every opportunity to practice their religion be, by
> definition, not a Christian society?

You miss the point. England is a Christian country, and yet Muslims
*are* given the opportunity to practice their faith. However, under the
circumstances this is a privilege, not a right.

> Mohammed didn't say it was okay to kill civilians in cold
> blood, and Jesus didn't say love thy neighbor (except for the
> towel-heads and sand niggers).

I believe Jesus *did* express views that amounted to one being obliged
to love one's neighbour.

> The question in it's very asking is against the most basic
> principles of Christianity.  Shouldn't you say, how can a
> society that calls itself Christian completely disregard the
> teachings of Christ?

No I shouldn't. The question is sociological, not religious.

Regards

Chris Marsh