[thechat] he ain't heavy, he's my hampsterdance.

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Mon Sep 16 07:15:00 CDT 2002

Hi Judah,

Quite a few animals today still do.  They're called snakes.  The
males have a 'hemipenis'.  [Make a fist.  Now extend your index and
pointer fingers.  Now bend the pointer finger at the first joint so
it is 90 degrees to your index finger.  It's kinda like that.]

Gee - How long have I been waiting for an opening to bring that
little fact up?  ;-)

Former Zoo Guy,

RonL.
(The females also have a structure we don't usually think of in plural
terms. I've never heard it pronounced, so I'm guessing here, but I'd
call it .... "clitorii". [Found in a science book on snakes I bought that
was written by a collection of {somehow it figures} French scientists.])