AW: [thechat] Currywurst (was: Re: German soc...)

iris laren4 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 16 13:00:01 CDT 2002

--- Madhu Menon <webguru at vsnl.net> wrote:
> Curry powder is a completely occidental invention.
> No such thing exists
> here in India, I assure you. No decent Indian cook
> would dream of using the
> same spice mix for every bloody dish. ;)

yeah, being german i learned that when i moved to
england 12 years ago.  couldn't get curry powder
anywhere although so many 'indians' lived there.  i
just couldn't understand it.  i do understand now.  i
lived near the famous curry mile in manchester for 4
years.

two weeks ago i moved back to germany.  my enlish
boyfriend loves currywurst ...but he'll soon miss his
'mr lister special' vindaloo ;)

iris

=====