AW: [thechat] Currywurst (was: Re: German soc...)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Sep 17 08:05:01 CDT 2002

Martin Burns wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Glasgow's year of European Cultural Capitalhood was encapsulated in
> the phrase "Jywanna Square Sausage on that Croissant, by the way?"

"ho, gonnae no pit any bu'uh on they rolls ..."

i loved the shop round the corner from where i used to work ... they didn't
understand the concept of "pain du chocolat", but if you asked for
"chocolate croissant", somehow they got it.

> Hey, you missed off Cranachan...

So I did ... my brain's in "hurry up and make a pot noodle" mode today -
definitely not in any kind of cuisine mode above "snack" and "instant".
Even boiling a kettle will frustrate me I bet ... I got pissed off at the
toaster taking so damn long to toast this morning - I want a phaser dammit!

> (ingredients: double cream, honey,
> toasted oatmeal, crushed shortbread, raspberries (or any other soft
> berry) and whisky. 10 minutes to make it, and it's gorgeous) and west
> coast scallops. Oh, and smoked venison.

mmmmm, bambi ...

I was at RAF Leuchars on Saturday with my dad and a mate of ours for the
annual air show (some weak pics are at
http://neuro.me.uk/pics/2002/09/leuchars/  - i really must save up for a
better camera) and there's one stall that does venison burgers with
cranberry jelly (slightly posher than Danny's Snacks vans selling greasy
burgers and hot dogs lol).  I asked the woman serving me for three bambi
burgers - brought a smile to her face :)

> <sings>these are a few of my favourite things...</sings>

mmmmm, smoked sausage (and NOT bloody saveloy, as I was given in Chelmsford
when asking for a smoked sausage supper!)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'