[thechat] Matters of race, politics, and offence.

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Tue Sep 17 20:31:01 CDT 2002

that first cartoon with the "napalm girl" was stupid

adolescent also fits quite well

yes, the similarity to people streaming away from the world trade centre was
obvious, but that's about all

i mean, politically, there's no connection

i'd say that particular political cartoonist was off taking a leak the day
god was handing out imagination

the second cartoon, with the buzzards, was almost as inept

how can someone take offence at that?  *of course* the media were all over
the 1-year anniversary -- well, duh, get over it

but i'm not an american, so maybe my reaction is slightly skewed

now, to get a reaction outta me, ask me about that asshole chretien...

what a friggin idiot

one of the columnists in canada's national post newspaper had a really
beautiful synopsis of the canadian "one party system" in today's edition,
but it won't hit the online site until tomorrow --
http://nationalpost.com/commentary/dfrancis.html

rudy

p.s.  for more on the napalm girl, see
http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0008/main_frame_sub_bookreview.htm