[thechat] Arguments for war

Ashok at MagicalKenya.com Ashok at MagicalKenya.com
Sat Sep 21 03:56:01 CDT 2002

>It's your education system, John. The average American is completely
>self-absorbed and knows little of what's happening beyond America.

I met a bunch of american touristas around a year back , one of whom
actually
believed the whole of Africa to be one country with Nelson Mandela as the
president !
(at least he didnt call it the 51st state)
The same guy claimed to have mistaken Lake Victoria for the Indian Ocean...
Another girl in the same group didnt know Australia was a continent - she
thought
it was like a club-med holiday resort or something.

In the last edition of Survivor(it was  shot in kenya) I remember one of
guys in the show making statemements like - 'a bear might attack us in the
jungle'
(no bears in kenya), 'the jungle has tigers ' (the only tigers in africa
are
in the zoo)

Of course i have met a lot of smart americans - i just remember the daft
ones very
clearly !