[thechat] Arguments for war

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Sun Sep 22 18:01:01 CDT 2002

wow, what a nice, long, and very personal letter, kath

that took guts

> I do know I'm troubled by the fact that Americans consume
> such a large portion of the earth's resources, but changing
> an ingrained lifestyle is never easy.  It's difficult to give up
> comforts that you've grown accustomed to.

if americans have some kind of right to consume *WAY* out of proportion, on
a per capita basis, of the earth's resources than people in other countries,
don't the people in other countries have a right to kick the americans in
the ass?  i would argue vehemently yes

go take the test, ladies and gentlemen

   Measure your impact
   How many planets would we need if everyone was to live like you?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/world/2002/disposable_plane
t/quiz/

i am embarrassed to say that my score was 2.2 planets

would have been worse but for the fact that i bicycle wherever i go

jerome is sort of right, although he seems to be trolling with that bogus
claim that the world trade centre attacks were "convenient"

american foreign policy is all about the oil

for a good movie on this subject, see "three days of the condor"

rudy