[thechat] disposable planet quiz

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Sun Sep 22 22:57:01 CDT 2002

rudy wrote:
> go take the test, ladies and gentlemen
>
>    Measure your impact
>    How many planets would we need if everyone was to live like you?
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/world/2002/disposable_plane
> t/quiz/
>
> i am embarrassed to say that my score was 2.2 planets

Weird, I got 2.2 too. Total footprint 3.9 compared to an average of
7.6... I really fail to see anything on that which I would be able to
change to bring lower though, except become vegetarian (ugh, practically
am anyway due to a vegetarian sister and semi-vegetarian mother). I use
public transport and cars the same, but there wasn't really an option
for that.. the thing is where I live I *have* to use cars before I can
get to public transport. (Or I could walk for 2 hours).
--
Lach
Web: http://illuminosity.net/