[thechat] Windows Phone Dialer help required

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Sep 23 09:43:01 CDT 2002

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, deke  wrote:

> On 23 Sep 2002 at 19:01, Madhu Menon posted a message which said:
>
> > At 06:23 PM 23-09-02, Martin Burns wrote:
> > >think we're 100%
> > >GSM or better now, unlike North America which is still largely based on
> > >older technologies
> >
> > It really sucks. People here who have to visit USA often have to make
> > sure that their phone supports dual band. Many don't. We're all on GSM
> > too. If you have a GSM-only phone, you can't have international roaming
> > for US.
>
> Why not? Voicestream is GSM, and has been for at least the couple of
> years we've had a cellphone.

Because of coverage like this:
http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi/imap_gsminfo.pl5?cou=us&net=we&frame=middle
compared to:
http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi/imap_gsminfo.pl5?cou=gb&net=ce&frame=middle
which is O2, my provider
Most of the other GB providers are similar:
http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_gb.shtml

Cheers
Martin