[thechat] Flaws in Cultures

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Mon Sep 23 12:06:00 CDT 2002

From: "Madhu Menon"
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: September 23, 2002, Monday 9:27 PM
Subject: Re: [thechat] Flaws in Cultures

> Hmm... I gotta ask: why not just go straight into building "constructive"
> things? Surely producing weapons is not a prerequisite for better
> engineering in other spheres of life?

Madhu, I don't like to discuss Pakistan-India relations with you because of
their sensitivity. Such discussion is highly inflammable. But with the hope of
understanding from your side I would like to give reasons:
 From the very beginning, Pakistan has been a very poor country. Like India, we
had millions of people whose first priority was just to earn; they had no time
to do any thing "constructive". Because of inability of advancements in science
for decades people had started think that maybe we are not able to do any
progress in science; this thought was gift of poverty. But creation of
Bangladesh, India's nuclear test in Pokhran in 1974 tempted some of Pakistani
scientists to develop nuclear weapons. After Indian tests in 1998, Pakistan did
6 in Dalbandeen, a part of Chaghi (Pakistan). This event opened the secret that
we have hundreds of scientists who are totally devoted to the development of
nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles. This raised a question among other
scientists that if we are able to create nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles
then why don't we work for constructive science. And that was the beginning of
"construction". The nuclear tests have removed the dark clouds of desperation
from the skies of our lives. Now we are looking forward towards our own space
program and satellites, and it will be only peace and well being of humanity.
Thanks!
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/