[thechat] what's hot?

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Sep 25 15:14:01 CDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Joxn wrote:

> Joe Crawford wrote:
> >> So, what's really cool? What's the next big thing?
> > Silly person, If I knew I wouldn't tell you.
>
> hehehe... damn. ;)
>
> > Actually, I think WiFi is still the big thing.
>
> Do you really think? I mean tons of my friends now got wireless lan and
> it's just there...

Wireless lan for your neighbourhood.

http://consume.net

Just think, if all our neighbourhoods had networks, and then we could join
them up, we'd have one big, global network, then we could email from one
side of the world to the other... oh, wait.

Seriously, when I move to the land of no cable/ASDL, I'm going to get
satellite broadband and distribute it to my neighbours via WLAN.

Cheers
Martin