[thechat] moving to the USA

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Sep 27 01:11:01 CDT 2002

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, rudy wrote:

> > Sometimes I wonder if all [Bush's] warmongering isn't
> > partly a smoke-screen for environmental and other pillage.
>
> hitler did the same thing
>
> and before y'all flame me, i want to point out that THIS DOES NOT IMPLY THAT
> BUSH IS ANOTHER HITLER
>
> oh no, we wouldn't want *that* idea to take root, would we

He certainly seems to be using similar methods of propaganda:
"It is always a simple matter drag the people along, whether it is a
democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a commmunist
dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brough to the
bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they
are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
exposing the country to danger."

Actually, not Hitler, but Goering...

I saw an Al Gore speech earlier this week pointing out that in a year, the
US has squandered the support of almost all the world.

Nice going, George.

Cheers
Martin