[thechat] I got an interview!

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Fri Sep 27 11:40:00 CDT 2002

Mike King wrote:
> w00t
> it's in London is it?
> I'm sure we can create a warm but fizzy atmosphere for you  :)
> Which nights are you over? (I know the interviews are on the 7th and 8th,
> but when are you over?)

Hi,

Yes it's in London. I just found out a couple of hours ago. I haven't booked
flights yet, and I don't know exact dates, but I'll probably be over there
for about a week. I have to visit my Grandma in Manchester too. I'd rather
have a beervolt *after* the interview - hung-over is not the impression I'd
like to give ;-). My very fuzzy (or maybe it's fizzy) plan so far is to go
over on the 5th or 6th, get over the jet-lag, have the interview on the 7th
or 8th, I'd probably stay in London till the 8th or 9th and try to fly out
of Manchester on the 12th or 13th. But that's a *very* unsure plan. I might
stay a bit longer, or go over a bit earlier, but I'd like to be back for the
Thanksgiving Holiday here (on the 14th). I should know in the next day or
two when the interview is and what my plans are, so I'll let you know then.

It'll be fun. Maybe I'll be able to get some cider better than Strongbow! I
miss English pubs. There's nothing quite like a real pub over here - lots of
imitations, but it's just not the same...

Tara