[thechat] Meet Robin Jean....

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Fri Sep 27 13:48:01 CDT 2002

Scott Dexter wrote:

>>   ...a cook whose food was pretty good but sometimes bad
>>   ...a bad singer
>>   ...a mediocre doctor
>>   ...a not-very-good artist
>>
>>If you can't respect the work someone does, I think there's a
>>difficulty being attracted that person.
>>

>Ah, but if they're making a go at it, I hold a TON of respect for the
>effort.
>
>To each is own, I guess

I don't think we disagree, actually. A person I'm attracted to does NOT
have to be brilliant or perfect, just aware of their own competencies
and weaknesses. I think that's where I'm coming from.

When I think of respecting someone's work, I think of the example of
people who don't give a damn, and don't give a damn that they give a damn.

Clear as mud?

    joe <http://artlung.com/>