[thechat] I got an interview!

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Sep 28 11:53:01 CDT 2002

John Handelaar wrote:
> [...]

It really is in the Midlands.  But when you see signs saying "The North"
when you're leaving the M1, you realise that to South East England,
*anything* northernly is "The North".  I know that technically it's an
accurate term, but it still sounds silly :)

> In English terms, north.  In UK terms, significantly
> more southern than the halfway mark at Carlisle.

Carlisle?  Halfway?  Giggle :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'