[thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Wed Oct 2 10:02:30 CDT 2002

At 19:51 02/10/2002 +0500, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
>  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2290602.stm
>What would you call it?
>Security Concerns or Anti-Muslim Hysteria?
>Not trolling!

   This does seem to be well into hysteria territory. The fingerprinting
and photographing in particular seem offensive - checking existing records
is one thing, but making new records is another. And I would bet large
amounts of money that the people so recorded have no right to know what
happens to that information...

   Enh. Just one more reason for me not to visit the US again. Of course,
that's probably the reaction they're looking for from people from those
countries, too.

   Is "Syed" a title, or part of your name?

   Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com
                                                     +353-1-2365705