[thechat] Nasal spray for women who are sniffy abou

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Wed Oct 2 13:47:00 CDT 2002

Madhu wrote:

> <quote>
>
> Scientists last week revealed they had successfully tested a nasal
> spray, PT-141, that sent 'healthy, normal women' into states of
> high sexual arousal.
>
> </quote>

This is such a horrifying idea it makes me physically ill. Can you imagine
the abuses of a substance of this sort? Sorta makes the ethical
considerations of roofies and such look tame.

I guess I'm a little oversensitive, since I live in a college town. We had a
riot last weekend -- 1500 people, mostly college students, burned things in
the streets (including themselves), simply because classes were starting on
Monday. I don't want to trust a group like this with butter knives, much
less functional aphrodisiacs.

(On the other hand, the City of Eugene wants the University of Oregon to
help pay for the riot damages. This astounds me... a group of people living
in a city [not even on campus] decide to wreak havoc, and the majority of
them are students, so the UO is responsible? The majority of them were
drunk, too, so I think we should sue Anheuser-Busch. And I bet well over 95%
were US citizens... can we get federal aid?)

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net