[thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Thu Oct 3 02:04:01 CDT 2002

From: "Hugh Blair"
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: October 02, 2002, Wednesday 9:15 PM
Subject: RE: [thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks

> This is like branding all Americans as Christians.

Not Christians but Non-Muslims.

> The INS is targeting COUNTRIES, not people of any
> religious faith.

But the main victims of new American laws are Muslims.

> The countries targeted for specific
> scrutiny are where most of the problem people have
> come from.

These problems were USA born. Osama bin Laden once used to collect fighters for
USA to use in Afghanistan against USSR. No offence, it seems that USA government
still has some kind of sympathy for Osama, that's why he is still at large.

> The US has kept its doors wide open to
> peoples of all nationalities for centuries.

Not for humans, but for man power. This was for America's own interest.

> If you come here saying that you are
> attending school, then do that. Don't try to lie
> about it and then disappear into the population.

It's because USA is the biggest consumer of all resources of earth. People go
there in search of benefits of these resources. Ask your government to share the
resources with other world; I bet nobody will no longer be longing to go to USA
for money earning purposes.

> The INS is just targeting those with a profile
> that closely matches those that did us harm. I can't
> see anything wrong with that. I matched a profile
> of a 'dangerous type' when I entered China, so they
> were well within their rights to further investigate
> me. It would only have been a problem *if* I had
> something to hide.

Some days ago an unidentified white guy from some western country was filming a
very important government building, called "Saudi Pak Tower", with a video
camera. The camera did not look like any professional type. This made me
suspicious. When I asked that white guy about his identity he became confused
and presented some lame excuses. His accent of English told that he was from
some English speaking background. After producing some excuses and calling
himself a "journalist" from National Geographic, he packed his camera and told
me that his taxi was waiting for him. More suspiciously, he was alone. He had no
other team member with him. I tried to inform police but couldn't do it in time.
When somebody unidentified from a foreign country films any important government
building, it means that he/she is a REAL threat for the country. Note that the
guy was from some western country and the building had the word "Saudi" in its
name.

> > Not trolling!
>
> Yes you were. I choose to take the bait.

I am still NOT trolling but I am writing exactly what we (anti-Osama and
anti-Talibaan) in Pakistan think about USA. I still say that USA people are very
innocent. It's their government which causes them security problems. Any threats
to USA people are the long-term reactions of their government's policies.

Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/