[thechat] KPMG Consulting changes name to BearingPoint

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Oct 3 05:26:01 CDT 2002

http://www.washingtontechnology.com/news/1_1/daily_news/19131-1.html

 From the "could be worse - what if it were BO and not BE?" department:

<quote>

KPMG Consulting Inc. is renaming itself BearingPoint Inc., a change that
takes place immediately, the company announced Oct. 3. The New York Stock
Exchange of the freshly-named enterprise will be "BE."

"In BearingPoint, we created a brand that reflects what our clients say
they value most: a business partner who helps them set direction, gain
access to the right information, transfer knowledge, and achieve results
for their long-term success," said Linda Rebrovick, chief marketing officer
of BearingPoint.

</quote>

Good to see that at least *now* they've decided to do things like help
partners set direction, transfer knowledge, and achieve results. With that
sad old name earlier, they didn't do any of that. :p

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy