[thechat] US criticised over Muslim checks

Ashok at MagicalKenya.com Ashok at MagicalKenya.com
Thu Oct 3 10:59:04 CDT 2002

> > That still didn't keep China from holding me up at the
> > border. Until you are seen in person, some flags don't
> > get triggered.

actually its just on the basis of "he / she is suspicious
looking ....lets harass them...".
People pass through long corridors whenever they arrive at an airport
- in many airports they have one way windows along these corridors
behind which airport security guys watch & select 'suspicious looking
individuals...'. (courtesy: a friend of mine in customs)

one trick i have realised that always works with most airport
securities is to go wearing a suit & generally look well cleaned
& shaved and be very polite.  Personally whenever i am in t-shirt &
jeans customs guys harass me , its been completely different when
i go in a suit. heck , even the airlines people never book me for
excess baggage (even with 20 kgs in excess...)