[thechat] KPMG Consulting changes name to BearingPoint

martin martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Oct 4 14:50:00 CDT 2002

On Friday, October 4, 2002, at 05:09  am, Madhu Menon wrote:

> At 08:25 AM 04-10-02, isaac wrote:
>> Definition: The point at which clients can no longer bear to pay our
>> fees.
>
> An amusing discussion about it is at
> http://webword.com/mt/mt-comments.cgi?entry_id=959

Indeed.

Although there's the usual clue-deprived "And the name they've come up
with is a piece of consultancy speak - Bearing Point. We synergistically
leverage your competencies to maximise your bearing point throughput"

I don't know any consultant who talks - or writes - like that, and I've
worked with consultants from many firms, not just the one I work for
(actually, part of my current role is call centre scripting for a
client, and that's the kind of language I'm red-lining out of their
draft...)

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,