[thechat] baseball rules - answer

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Oct 7 00:00:03 CDT 2002

Should have checked all my lists before replying here:

>i was there, i mean right there, and i disagree with the ump's call.
>at any rate, the ump said the ball was foul-tipped, then hit the
>ground before ending up in the catcher's mitt.
>
>the way i saw it, the ball actually hit the ground *before* the
>foul-tip, which means it was a straight-up strike, and the batter
>should have been out.

This is indeed something the home plate ump might want to confer with
another ump who had a different view. As well as give credence to my
conspiracy theory that the network was showing commercials during the
play that followed.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/